Record data from a CAN bus
The Avisaro data logger can record almost any data from a CAN bus. These are formatted as text file, or stored in a binary file format. The CAN messages are provided with a time stamp. The file can then be read and processed on a PC.
The data loggers are designed for industrial use. Start automatically after a power failure, running for years without any user action, are robust to shocks and dirt.
Data source can be an industrial controller, a car vehicle bus or similar. For further processing usually is a simple text editor, Microsoft Excel or other standard PC software.
Options (depending on product):
Memory cards with x GByte capacity are enough for months or years of data recording. Still - when the memory card is full, one way is to use a circular buffer system to keep on recording data. This gurantees that at least the most current information is stored on disk.
In detail: The data are stored in files by example 10 MB (configurable) stored. With a 4 Gbytes storage medium, this means that 399 files are created. First, the first file will be deleted to provide sufficient space for the 400'ste file. Thus, the ring buffer works 'blocks'.
The Avisaro 2.0 Data logger series can "Scripts", which are simple small programs that can be freely programmed. These programs may also cover expenditure generated. Must be a sensor that is actively queried - eg by sending a control sequence - this is possible.
The dialogue about protocols with a plant is possible. Need plants for example, Confirmation signals, keep-alives or acknowledgments, these can be generated by programming the logger.
To access the recorded data several ways to do this:
- Reading the memory card on a PC. The data is recorded to the PC FAT32 file system - ie Linux PC can be read directly on any Windows , Mac and Linux PC.
- For most products, there is a version with Wi-Fi module. So that the data can be accessed wirelessly , without the memory card must be removed . Access is via FTP - which is already available in all PCs (Explorer) . The data logger will look like a network drive.
- For some products , a LAN connection is available - you can also access the stored data.
- For some products, a GSM / GPRS module is available . In order to upload the data to an FTP server on the Internet , the logger after a predetermined time schedule or Ereigniss . The access from the outside to the logger is not possible in most cellular networks.
- The active uploading data to an FTP server on the Internet is also possible for both wired and wireless versions . Thus, e.g. a test vehicle when returning to the car park actively upload the data to the central computer.
The data loggers are developed by the Avisaro AG in the house and produced. Therefore, we can also make modifications, both to the hardware, as well as to the software.
Please contact us with your ideas. <more>